Birthday Party Ideas Under $200
NOTE: Information provided by Janet Cooper Haas to The Charlotte Observer in July 2007. Send changes and additional ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Earth Fare in Ballantyne offers birthday parties and cooking classes catered to your little chefs. Children prepare and then devour their own food. www.earthfare.com
Latta Park Sprayground, 601 East Park Ave., Charlotte, in Dilworth; and Veterans’ Park Sprayground,, 2136 Central Ave., Charlotte. Kids can run around in fenced-in water-spray areas. The picnic shelters have grills and can be reserved by calling 704-353-1238. http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Park+and+Rec/Parks/Parks+By+District/Central+District+III/LattaPK.htm
- Celebrate with the Charlotte Knights at Knights Stadium, 2280 Deerfield Drive, Fort Mill, S.C. $195 provides reserved seats for 10 kids and two adults, special recognition atop the dugout with Homer, and an hour at a birthday table, where a personalized cake and soda are provided. Guests get a Knights souvenir. Call Rebekah Leveille at 704-357-8071, ext. 2168. www.charlotteknights.com
- Gymboree Play & Music offers birthday party packages for about $200. Includes an hour and a half of private gym floor time, age-appropriate activities, party hats and paper products. You just provide the food and the guests. www.gymboreeclasses.com
- Charlotte Sports Center: Offers three birthday party options: All-Sport parties, Inflatable parties and Roller Skating parties. They even offer combination parties for kids who just can’t decide. Party requests can be made online: www.charlottesportscenter.com/youth/birthdayparties.shtml
- SPORTS CONNECTION: Create your own party! Choose from Bowling, Mini Bowling, Jump & Play Inflatable’s, Laser Tag, Games & Rides or All Sports Party. Or, pick and choose your favorite combination. Party requests can be made online. www.sportsconnectionnc.com/birthday_parties.html